Work at Igloo
The Igloo Advantage
Incentive Programs (Truss shop)
- Incentives for over-production.
- Piecework opportunities for interested employees on their days off.
- $2.00/shift differential for night shift.
Company Pension Plan
- Company matching plan - up to 2%.
- Employees are eligible to participate in the plan after 3 months.
- Tax-free contributions.
- Igloo pays 50% of employee’s healthcare premiums after 3 months of employment.
- Extended healthcare coverage.
- Dental services after 1 year of employment.
- Long-term disability, accidental death, dismemberment and life insurance (including life insurance for dependents) are all offered (premiums paid for by employee).
- $50 subsidy on purchase of steel toed boots, and $70 subsidy on purchase of workwear after 3 months of employment.
- $100 subsidy on purchase of steel toed boots, and $110 subsidy on purchase of workwear after 3 years of employment.
- New hires are provided with proper PPE safety equipment.
- We promote an enviroment of continous improvement including on-site and on-going training programs to keep our staff current and efficient to Igloo Building Supplies high standards of development.
"Easy going atmosphere, I like it. Working in the city and working at the same company for 16 years. I came back for a reason; I like the people I work with. Truss building is like a puzzle, you get all the pieces and put them together." - Terry, Truss Builder, 16 years
"Family atmosphere in a corporate company. Competitive pay, huge perks and a great benefit package. Igloo is involved in many community, social, and fundraising events, and I like that." - Aaron, Operation Manager, 1 year
Inventory Control Specialist
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of all inventory items. Main duties include, but are not limited to: receiving inbound shipments, cycle counting, customer and vendor returns, inventory adjustments, Warehouse Management System (WMS) facilitating as well as cooperative work with the Purchasing and Inventory Control team.
• Offload inbound truckload material
• Receive all goods into WMS system using RF scan gun
• Ensure all inbound credit returns are inspected and executed in a timely manner
• Weekly cycle inventory counts for various divisions
• Assist the WMS coordinator in identifying the cause of any inventory discrepancies
• Work with purchasing/Inventory Control team to identify any slow moving/dead stock inventory
• Monitor adherence to WMS procedures through inventory inaccuracies
• Ensure vendor returns are accounted for and scheduled for outbound pickup with various vendors
• Review any receiving discrepancies and adjust accordingly
• Work in tandem with various departments to ensure damaged product is dealt with promptly
• Review and revise WMS bin locations to assist the picking process
• Inspect all product defects and liaise to the Purchasing department
• Other job related duties as assigned
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to details and prioritization skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
• Strives for Continuous Improvement
• Willingness to cross train to other positions to complement role
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Physical Exertion: Position requires being on your feet for long periods of time and work with computer programs and databases. In addition, time will be spent outdoors conducting cycle counts and assisting with other required duties. Rated Intermediate.
Equipment Used: Forklift, RF Navigator Inventory Gun,telephone, computer, printer, etc.
*Limited Public transportation
Monday to Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Interested applicants can forward their resumes to HR.Resource@igloo.ca or fax to (780) 447-3247