Health & Safety
The Igloo Safety Standard
Igloo Building Supplies is committed to health, safety and environment programs that protect employees, customers, vendors and Igloo properties.
Our goal is to provide a healthy and injury-free workplace for everyone and, as such, have set up a number of parameters to ensure just that:
- A senior HSE committee, made up of senior management, meets once a month to discuss HSE concerns, and to take action on any identified HSE matters.
- An employee-representative HSE committee meets monthly to discuss employee concerns; those concerns are liaised to the senior HSE committee.
- Igloo offers a comprehensive modified-work program for those affected by an HSE incident.
- Igloo works directly with employees to rehabilitate and return HSE-affected employees to full duties.
- Extensive investigation programs are used to review all HSE incidents; the findings educate employees to help them avoid similar incidents in the future.
- Safety training programs are offered on a regular basis, including WHMIS, TDG, First Aid and forklift certification.
- A workplace violence and harassment policy is in place to protect employees.
- Igloo received and maintained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) for our safety program in 2012.
HSE is everyone’s responsibility. This is Igloo’s philosophy—one that is shared by every level of the Igloo organization.
Health and Safety Coordinator
Breanne Lukiw, National Construction Safety Officer